Saturday, November 9, 2013

Renewing Comittment To Study & Prayer









One of the easiest things to skip can be our prayer time and study in God's word.  The funny thing is, it is really the most vital thing for us to do each and every day.  As a Christian, we can so easily slip under attack.  The enemy is continually seeking those opportunities.  Don't think the devil has forgotten about you.  He waits.  

Luke 22:31 says that Satan desires to sift you like wheat.  

Not a pretty picture.  Don't give him a minute of an opening. 

Monday through Friday I start my day early (4:45 am) so I can pray and read God's word.  Saturday and Sunday, I don't do this.  Why?  Because I want to sleep in.  I wonder what my entire week would look like if I take my reading and prayer seriously every day of the week.  

This week, I'll find out.  

Today at Proverbs 31 Ministries Online Bible Study blog Ginny Blankenship encouraged us all to really focus on our study and commit to that time with God.  It doesn't have to be  in the morning, but for me, it does.  Life will swiftly take me with it if I let it.  I refuse to let another day go by where I give Satan even an inch. 


No comments:

Post a Comment