Thursday, April 11, 2013

Yay My First Aloha Blog Hop!

Aloha Friday Blog Hop
I have joined in a couple of blog hops here and there and I have really enjoyed each one and have found some pretty spectacular blogs to visit and follow. One that I have wanted to try was the Aloha Blog Hop. Today is my first chance!  I am so stoked because I love hops, love Hawaii (my grandparents lived there when I was a kid), and love meeting others.  If you haven't yet, check it out by clicking on the button above.  Follow your hosts and co-hosts, visit and have fun....I intend to.  :)

Since this is my first time hopping here, I thought I would share five quick things about myself at the top of my head.

1-  I am married and the mom of a teenager.
2-  I love to read.  As a child that was my total escape.
3-  I live in Arizona and am originally from California.  I have also lived in the East Coast which means I love all things seafood (including clam cakes and chowder), maple, foliage, Dunkin' Donuts' coffee, and when irritated I tend to speak with a very strong accent that apparently is intimidating.  Go figure.  :)
4-  I work at a radio station as a midday host.  In addition, I share thrifty tips on air weekly during the morning show and work the front office as well (lots of multitasking in radio).  Because of my job, I have developed a love for Christian contemporary music in addition to other genres.  You ask, I probably know the song.  :)
5-  I am trying to lose weight.  It is my total obsession right now.  Currently I am following the 5/2 diet (or Fast Diet).  It has been pretty successful so far, and I will be updating that progress this weekend.  

Well, I am off to discover more blogs.  Happy Hopping!   

                                              ***Me and my son being silly. 


9 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for visiting my blog! This hop has been a blast! I'm following you now. I'm losing weight too so I'm excited to hear about the diet your following.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it so far. I think the hardest part is that I can't workout on my diet days because you only eat 500 calories on them. I am hoping to drop 20 on this and lose the rest (and there is a lot left after that) on a good eating plan. Thank you for the follow!

      Delete
  2. thanks for visiting my blog and following. I'm following you back. Good luck with the 5/2 diet, I'll check your posts to see how it's working. Still trying to lose all those excess baby weight I put on for the past 5 years! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the good luck with. I think it is going pretty well. The pounds aren't flying off, but I am happy so far. At least they are coming off. Thanks for the follow.

      Delete
  3. I really love hops too!! I've got hops scheduled for practically everyday :D It's the best way to find awesome blogs and get some views as well then maybe a follower or two :] So glad you are enjoying the Aloha blog hop! It's really great isn't it?! Love that you added some personal facts... I really love reading as well! And I wish you much luck on your weight loss journey. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by! I am just doing a few hops at a time. I get overwhelmed, but I really wanted to do the Aloha Friday Blog hop for a long time. :) It really is a great way to discover some awesome blogs. Thanks for the well-wishes on the weight loss. I am definitely over this excess baggage. :)

      Delete
  4. I just did a Daniel Fast and dropped 13 pounds. Took a week off, and now I'm going back on without the religious fast part. I can't believe the difference what I put in my body for one week made.

    My punishment as a child? Grounded from reading! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard great things about the Daniel Fast. I've never tried it. Did you get a book to learn what to do?

      Delete
  5. Im glad you were able to link up with the Aloha blog hop this week! I love to link up with them also.

    ReplyDelete