Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 - Breaking Down My Goals - Weight/Fitness


Another goal for 2014 is to get a handle on weight and fitness.  This week I began working with "The Never Say Diet Personal Fitness Trainer" to go along with my reading of "Never Say Diet" both by Chantel Hobbs




So here is a bite-sized look at the upcoming four weeks (including this one):

1- Go to the gym five days a week and do 30 minutes of cardio each day and three days of circuit training (I belong to Planet Fitness and they have a nice 30 minute circuit section for this).

2- Do not diet.  Just be sure to eat breakfast each day.  Don't worry.  I will be worrying about food intake later.  Too often I have tried to do it all at once and failed miserably.  This time I am going to focus on one thing at a time.  Consistency in working out and not skipping meals is my first step.

3- Starting January 14th -  Begin Proverbs 31 Ministries Online Bible Study with "Made To Crave" by Lysa Terkeurst.  I have already downloaded the book to my Kindle (I have the book floating around the house somewhere), I picked up a "Craving God" devotional (only $5 right now) at Family Christian Store, and last night I ordered the Made To Crave Journal and Conference Call Bundle.  It is an investment, but worth it for me (and I did save quite a bit on the devotional).  I have participated in the conference call portions of all the studies that I have been in, and it has been invaluable for me.  I need all the extra support and motivation I can get. 

4- Measure myself.  BLECH.  This is all a part of my goals.  As much as I want to look at the scale constantly, I know that it will depress me.  So I have promised to weigh in once a week and measure as well.  The Never Say Diet Personal Fitness  Trainer has a place for all of that so I am using it to keep  me honest.  :)

How are you working on your goals?  Are you breaking them down?  Do you have any fitness goals for this year?  Any suggestions for how to stay committed?

No comments:

Post a Comment