Friday, January 17, 2014

And How Was Your Week?

*I'm a sucker for sunsets.  They make me think of rest. 

This week has been a week of ups and downs.  Ups as I overcame some real lows and downs which basically covers all those lows I had to overcome.  Thanks to God, I did.  But it was rough at times.  Here's the skinny:
1 - Gym steadiness.  I had a renewed vigor about hitting the gym five days a week, and made a real dent in that goal.  I am already at four (I took Wednesday off so I could work on show prep) and I am actually feeling pretty good about it all.  I am very glad to get my circuits done for the week.  Tomorrow will be simple cardio and some weights.  I can handle that.  What I want to get back into is taking advantage of red light therapy.  With winter kicking in, I can use the benefits, but the fact is, once I am done with working out, I just want to go home...


and have a sandwich.


Which brings me to number two

2 - Trigger time.  I have been reading "The Total Money Makeover" by David Ramsey, and one of the things I have gathered so far is I need to look at my triggers and stumbling blocks so I will be aware and prepared when they come up.  This works well both financially and food wise.  So I have taken to writing out things when I start to feel my trigger rear their ugly heads.  Like when I am up late at night.  That is the time where all bets are off and I grab a bowl of chips (better than the bag but not good enough).  This week instead of grabbing the chips.  I wrote in my food journal what I wanted, when I wanted it, and what I was doing at the time.  I looked up the calories and wrote that down too.  I did still end up snacking, but instead it was on a small cube of pepper jack cheese.  This is my new custom.  I am hoping that this kind of food logging will help me make better choices and start to see my own stumbling blocks better.

Stumbling blocks like clothes shopping

3 - Dressing room crisis.  I honestly had no intention of hitting a dressing room any time soon.  I am feeling quite chubly, but I had to go to Goodwill to find a solid colored top because we had photos scheduled for our station.  My boss and actually our photographer prefers us in solid colored tops, and since I don't have one that fits that isn't a t-shirt, I had to invest.  I invested with Goodwill, and frankly I hated every moment of it.  Actually every moment of the dressing room.  While there I discovered that I have gone from everything looking good on me, to some things looking good on me, to some larger sizes looking good on me, to pretty much being inches away from simply bawling because nothing looks good, but some things look the least bad.  I kind of felt like I hit my "rock bottom."  At least on the weight loss level.

The great thing about hitting rock bottoms in anything is, the only thing left is up.
 
4 - More time in God's word.  As rough as parts of this week were, I found real strength when I reached into God's word, my prayer journal and reading the devotional "Jesus Today" by Sarah Young. I do not read it every day, but I read it often.  This week, I had some really tough moments and I actually read one devotional three days in a row.  For some reason I kept forgetting to move the ribbon book mark into a new spot.  Okay...I actually think there was a specific reason why I kept coming upon the same devotional page, I really needed to get that I need to trust God.  Trust that He is working.  

I do.  I am.  

Verse that hit me the most this week:

Jeremiah 30:17
"But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds," declares the LORD, "because you are called and outcast, Zion for whom no one cares.

What I am looking forward to:

Proverbs 31 Ministries Online Bible Study begins on Sunday!  I am off my rock excited about it!  This will be my third study, and we will be delving into "Made to Crave" by Lysa TerKeurst.  There are lots of women all over the world signed up.  I believe the last count was over 36,000!  You can learn more by heading over to their site here.  

How was your week?


No comments:

Post a Comment