Sunday, December 16, 2012

Checking in Post Christmas Cleanse

*Taken in Carmel as well.  The water just reminded me of the dreaded but necessary cleanse.

Well, this Friday I tried the Christmas Cleanse that I found in First magazine.  You can check it out at my post here.  

I was a little nervous about doing the Christmas Cleanse.  I was not sure if I could handle not eating and only drinking the cleanse mixture and water with lemon all day, but I handled it well.  The cleanse drink was sour, but it wasn't overbearing.  I definitely was ready to eat the next day and I had a caffeine withdrawal headache, but I was also delighted with the results.  My pants which were tight two days before were loose in the waist and I had dropped 5 lbs.  Now I know this was 5 lbs in water weight, but I have been totally retaining water so this is okay with me.  It also gave me some extra motivation to move onto bigger and better.  Also just knowing that I could say no to everything even one day meant I could say no later. 

After Christmas, I will work on getting an elliptical trainer, and in the meantime, I am going to practice some portion control.  I am thinking about switching to salad plates for meals so I can visually trick my tummy.  I will also try to knock down my coffee drinking a bit.  I think I consume a lot of unnecessary calories with my coffee.  Whenever I drink it, I always hear Jillian from The Biggest Loser saying not to drink your calories.  This will be my biggest challenge.  I LOVE COFFEE!  :)  

For now I am just going to enjoy the rest of the Christmas season and be as intentional as possible about my intake.   I'm just happy about a fresh start.  :)



2 comments:

  1. So glad to here you enjoyed the simmer recipe! So proud of your detox results. I don't think I could EVER give up coffee. Even just the thought scares me! :)
    Katie from the simple lane
    http://lifeinthesimpleln.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your detox. I am glad you were able to see some results.

    I can totally relate with the coffee thing. I love it too much to give it up, and I also love it light and sweet ( a double whammy). lol!

    Have a Happy New year!

    Thank you for linking up at this week’s Harvest of Friends Weekend Blog Hop.


    ReplyDelete