Thursday, December 13, 2012

I'm Going on a 24 Hour Bod Detox or Lessons from a Goodwill Dressing Room

*Pic from wine tasting at our favorite spot in Carmel, The Tickle Pink Inn.  This is where my husband and I celebrated our honeymoon and second honeymoon.  :)  It is also my reminder that for a while...I just have to say "I don't." 


Yesterday I went shopping for a costume for our office Christmas party which was a themed murder mystery.  I was picking up something that would pass for 1950s attire.  I also realized that I have gained WAY TOO MUCH WEIGHT!

I knew that I had gained some weight, and it has been bothering me, but there is nothing quite like the unforgiving light of the Goodwill dressing room to totally bring that message home!  If you ever want to see your body as is...go for it.  Those mirrors tell no lies!  I was inspired.  I felt so annoyed with myself.   Just last year, I had worked my tail off and lost lots of weight, and here I was just sneaking back up in size again!  So begins my action plan.

1- Change what I say.  I read in First magazine that it is far better to use the word "don't" rather than "can't."  I am a late night munchie girl, and last night I made a point of saying to myself "I don't snack at night."  "I don't crave chips."  It totally helped.  The magazine said that typically when you say don't, you have more power, whereas when you say "can't" you simply do not feel powerful and you often end up binging later.  It totally worked!  Last night was the first night in a LONG time that I worked late, but did not snack on anything more than water.  Yay!!!!!!

2- Cleanse.  I am going on a 24-hour Christmas cleanse.  I found this in First magazine too.  I cut the recipe out and pasted it in my handy little recipe notebook.  Here are the ingrediants:

8 oz Unsweetened Cranberry Juice
7 cups of of water
1/2 cup Orange juice
1/2 tsp Cardamom 
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
Pinch of cloves

Combine everything in a stock pot and heat until boiling.  Throughout the day you sip one cup of this brew (after heating up in microwave for 30 seconds) every other hour.  The  hour that you don't drink the brew, you drink 8 oz of water with the juice of half a lemon.  Supposedly this heals and detoxifies the liver AND you can also lose some quick weight. 

I don't plan on making this a historic daily plan, but right now, I need a boost.  Boy do I ever need a boost.  I can't wait until the holidays are over, because I am totally going to buy an elliptical trainer.  :)  First things first though.


1 comment:

  1. I definitely need to step into a goodwill dressing room myself! Now following your blog on "Linky". if you have a moment to follow back you can find me at http://lifeinthesimpleln.com
    Thanks!
    Katie from the simple lane

    ReplyDelete