Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Christmas Linebacker




We saw this at church on Sunday, and I thought it was kind of cute.  It is funny, I read a post by someone who said that as Christians, they believed we shouldn't have a problem with people saying Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas and actually doing it ourselves, because really Jesus doesn't need us fighting his battles.  It sounded like the poster knew a lot of people who really get in other people's faces over the whole thing, and honestly I don't know anyone like they described as far as getting in anyone's face, but I know plenty who believe that the battle is also our own.  That we as Christians have a right to say Merry Christmas, have a Christmas tree and not have to feel looked down on or made to feel uncomfortable for wanting to do this by anyone especially other Christians. 

I don't think we should be in anyone's face if they say Happy Holidays, but I am still going to celebrate Christmas and say Merry Christmas. I think it is important to always show love for others and kindness, but I don't think we have to give up who we are to do it. 

Of course I don't plan on being the Christmas Linebacker about it.  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment