Saturday, March 16, 2013

Movie Review - Revelation Road - The Beginning of the End

Today's film review is not one I would put in a family friendly slot.  It is however faith based.






Movie Review - Revelation Road: The Beginning of the End
Pure Flix Entertainment
Starring - David A. R. White, Brian Bosworth, Eric  Roberts, Andrea Logan White, Jen Lilley, and Steve "Sting" Borden
About the film (from Amazon) - Where were you when the world ended? Josh McManus, a traveling salesman with a history of violence, was passing through a dusty West Texas town. The right man at the wrong time, Josh foiled a robbery perpetrated by The Barbarians, an outlaw biker gang led by a vicious man named Hawg.
Then it happened. An unnatural flash in the sky, followed by a crippling series of earthquakes, throws the entire world into chaos. Is it the long-awaited event called The Rapture? Josh doesn’t care. His only goal is to get home to his family, but he’ll have to fight his way through the Barbarians to do so. It will be a dangerous journey to the very center of his soul.

My Review - Revelation Road: The Beginning of the End is just that a beginning of at the very least a two-part movie series from Pure Flix Entertainment.  The viewer gets the opportunity to meet Josh, a traveling salesman with a secret but obviously destructive past.  You can see early on that Josh has the capability to go a little unhinged when necessary but you can also see that this is not a side of himself that he entertains.  We also meet a pretty rough biker gang who have a charismatic leader named Hawg.  The gang has no problem with messing with people, stealing and eliminating witnesses, but they do have a problem with Joshua when he gets in their way.  

You can tell Joshua has a past, but it changed dramatically when he met his wife.  Or at least that is what Josh thought until he sees how easy it really is to slip back into his old skill set.  Can a person really change?  If tackling that question isn't enough for Josh, it seems there are a lot of energy spikes, thunder storms and other natural phenomenon taking place to keep him on his toes and at the very least distracted.  As the description implies, there is an end coming.  

Revelation Road: The Beginning of the End is a great start.  I found myself wishing for more which is a good thing since there is a sequel on the way.  I have found myself enjoying most of the films that Pure Flix Entertainment has put out, and look forward to seeing where this will go.  I hope I don't have to wait too long.  The sequel is titled Revelation Road 2: The Sea of Glass and Fire.

Since I typically share family friendly film reviews, I do want to give the age range I would be comfortable with as far as seeing this film.  Because of some violence I would suggest going no younger than 13 to 14 years old.  It isn't chock full of violence, but there are some moments.  I would suggest watching it first and then deciding.  

Out of my smile rating, I'd give this 4 out of 5 smiles.  All in all, I think it was executed really well.  I watched this film via Netflix instant streaming.  Talk about an awesome score!  I hope that Netflix continues to show Christian focused films.  If they do, I will keep watching.

Revelation Road 2: The Sea of Glass and Fire has been released to several theaters and is available through Amazon for instant watching. I haven't seen it yet, but I hope too. Here's the trailer:


UPDATE: I watched Revelation Road 2 - The Sea of Glass and Fire here is a link to my review.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for doing movie reviews from a family-friendly and faith-based perspective! My 5 yr old and I don't tv anymore {not that I have anything against tv, it's just the place God has us at}. So we do watch movies together at night. It can be difficult to find things we can watch together. So glad you stopped by my blog and I am now a follwer! Have a super blessed weekend. I am looking forward to more from you!

    https://www.facebook.com/carrieisblessed
    http://pinterest.com/CarriesBlessed/
    https://twitter.com/CarrieisBlessed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you put an age stipulation on it, that's always the first thing I look for going in (to know whether to watch when the kids are asleep or not).

    Thank you for sharing the review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by to return the follow :) Thank you for stopping by my page. I loved your comment about your and your husband's height :) I'm glad I'm not the only one way down here lol
    Have a great day!

    http://www.lifewithraisapain.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I have nominated you for a Liebster award. Please stop by my site if you would like to find out more about it.
    Have a great weekend.

    http://www.lifewithraisapain.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's amazing and according to the Bible.. we must send this message too many people in this generation! To does who need to understand what the Word of God says if you believe it to your heart and soul and mind and ask him to come to your life and save you from saying that you asked him to save you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's amazing and according to the Bible.. we must send this message too many people in this generation! To does who need to understand what the Word of God says if you believe it to your heart and soul and mind and ask him to come to your life and save you from saying that you asked him to save you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good review. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete