Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Ebooks Are The Best When At The Gym

*My husband took this picture in Sedona.  It was one of those days where we just got in the car and took off.  I love those kind of days.  This has nothing to do with my post.  I just wanted to enjoy the memory.


One of my favorite things about going to the gym is getting the opportunity to escape the elliptical trainer and treadmill by reading.  This makes my Nook and Kindle pretty much priceless.  Right now I am reading Code Blue by Richard L. Mabry which I have had for quite some time.  I believe there are four books in the series.  I have three so I am very excited.  So far I am enjoying the book, and I thought I would share about it right away as well as a couple other free ebooks so you can grab one or two before they are gone.  And you know how it is with ebooks.  One day they are free and the next, not so much.  So check out this list, but always be sure to check the price BEFORE you download.  They are free now.  That can change.  These are all Christian fiction.


Code Blue by Richard L. Mabry (CHRISTIANBOOK.COM) (AMAZON) (BARNES & NOBLE)

The Beginning: An eShort prequel to The Bridge by Karen Kingsbury (CHRISTIANBOOK.COM) (AMAZON)

It Happens Every Spring (The Four Seasons of Marriage) by Catherine Palmer and Gary Chapman (CHRISTIANBOOK.COM) (AMAZON) (BARNES & NOBLE)

Sweet Baklava by Debby Mayne (CHRISTIANBOOK.COM) (AMAZON) (BARNES & NOBLE)

The Prayers of Agnes Sparrow by Joyce Magnin (CHRISTIANBOOK.COM) (AMAZON) (BARNES & NOBLE)





 


6 comments:

  1. Hurrah, thanks for the list. I'm reading Rick Warren now, a re-read, while I work out, but I think it's hard to hold the e-reader (and even harder to read a book) on the treadmill. You're lucky you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am luck that the treadmill and elliptical trainer both have good stands that I can set my books against. I also make the print a little larger so I can see it from the distance. :) When I use the weights I just rely on music. I find working out to KJ52 and TobyMac the best. Though I am considering getting an audiobook download or two. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I used to read on the elliptical at the gym all the time. Back when I worked, and worked out during my lunch hour, I would read. It was a great way to get two things done at once! Thanks for stopping by my blog http://georgielee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is why I like it too. It is also nice to distract myself with the books. :) I can get too wrapped up in how long I am on a treadmill or elliptical otherwise. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. If I didn't have my kindle with me at the gym I would never go. Reading is the only thing that keeps me sane there, I get so bored without it.

    ReplyDelete