Thursday, January 10, 2013

Oh Yeah...Time To Work On My Bod

*Building in progress in Jerome, AZ.  I am in my own progress mode so this fits today. 



I had to take a couple of bloggy days off because I was in the thick of a reality television bonanza.  One of my most embarrassing weaknesses is my love of Reality TV.  I don't love it all, but I am still hooked on a few that would probably make you shake your head.  This actually isn't about my embarrassing love of Reality TV, but because I watched a specific show, a chain of events ensued. 

This weekend The Biggest Loser began, and I was totally convicted as well as inspired.  I love the show.  I really do.  I was bummed though, because last year at this time.  When I watched the show and I had just lost about 35 pounds.  Enter 2013 and I found it all and then some.  Needless to say, I am a little bit annoyed with myself, but I will be darned if I am going to watch The Biggest Loser and not make some changes of my own. 

I told my husband that I needed to get back to the gym.  I had been putting this off because since I have begun my on air schedule, I do not have the time I once did.  I used to get out of work at 2 pm, head to the gym by my son's high school and workout until he met me there (he would walk over from school).  I would get a good hour and a  half work out in, and that kept my weight steady (I'm hypothyroid so weight loss is a bit of a struggle).  I get out of the studio later now so I really have only enough time to get to my son's school to pick him up and wait about ten minutes for him to be dismissed.  Because of this change in time, I have let everything fall to the wayside.  EVERYTHING.  And now all my hard work is nothing but a memory.  I have to begin again.  I found a gym on our side of town that is only $10 a month (It's called Fitness For $10 if you want to see if there is one near you).  I had been saving up for an elliptical so I could work out at home, but that is far pricier.  Scott and I talked about it.  We scheduled a gym shopping date, and now I am a member.  He didn't join yet, but I am hoping if I stick with it, he will join in too. 

Now I haven't gone yet.  I know right?  Nothing like getting inspired, deciding to do something, making a financial commitment and then not following through.  I had good reason though.  I needed a few things first (replacement sneakers and minor items), but I have picked them up and I will begin tomorrow.  Promise.  I guess this will work well with my two week goal of trying something new every two weeks. 

I am really hoping that at some point I will get my weight down.  I'm breaking things down into mini goals.  First goal is 10 pounds. Once I lose 10 lbs I plan to get a Yonanas machine.  I'm hoping that will also give me enough time to afford it.  :) 

15 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Kelly!
    It is good to take it one day at a time and once you make that choice every day, I am sure you will do fine. I pray you get to your desired weight goal.
    Have a super blessed day!
    Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouragement. I appreciate it so much. :) Thank you also for the prayer. God is so faithful.

      Delete
  2. Kelly, good luck with it. I found just tiny changes in portion size added up to a lot of weight lost over 3 years (44 lb) - and that's without exercise! Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the tips Carole. I have been thinking about eating my meals off of a salad plate. I understand that it can go a long way in helping your perspective as you eat and aid in losing weight. I will definitely work on decreasin my portion sizes.

      Delete
  3. I'm a reality tv junkie too something about those shows I just can't look away! Good luck in your weight loss journey it can be a really hard thing but just remember how good you will feel afterwards :) That yonanas machine looks so cool, I usually just throw mine in the food processor after they have been in the freezer for a bit. Banana ice cream is so good I love putting a bit of caramel on top of mine.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog following you back here via gfc :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Using a food processor is a great idea! I have an old one hanging out somewhere. Maybe I can use that in the meantime. Thank you for the follow and for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Good Luck! I just went back to the gym for the first time in three weeks. I was so sore. It's a good sore, though. I can't wait until I have my beach-worthy bod. . . . not that I'll ever show it to anyone!! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'll be following you now as well. :) Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I miss that good sore! :) I got some time in today though, and it was awesome. It was also nice getting an opportunity to do a little reading while on the treadmill and elliptical. I am going to strictly do cardio for now, and hope I can get back into a beach worthy bod as well. :) Honestly, I'd be happy to be shorts worthy. lol Thank you for following too!

      Delete
  5. I have battled my weight forever! So I can really relate.
    I also do short goals and then long term goals. It works for me!
    I pay for a gym membership because I feel obligated to go.
    Another change I have made is eating at home.....so much healthier!!

    Take care!!
    Nonny
    www.notionsfromnonny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking that actually paying for the gym would help me too. I hate wasting money. :) Thank you so much for the encouragement! We eat at home almost primarily too. Definitely healthier and certainly so much cheaper. :) Have a beautiful day! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Every now and again I catch that show and enjoy it and am inspired by it. Best wishes and thanks so much for stopping by Faith, Family and F-stops and leaving such a lovely comments. Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband and I are big softies when it comes to The Biggest Loser, though I must admit I didn't enjoy last season too much. There were a lot of really unlikeable people on it. This season is looking good. Thank you for stopping by today. Have a wonderful weekend. :)

      Delete
  7. I'm not sure if Biggest Loser inspires me or convicts me or shames me! Absolutely true that the season is better if there are people you can like. All that being said - I need to start walking and biking again and then I can get motivated for tennis!
    Truthfully - you are more inspiring than the show! (And I love Jerome - even though it makes me sick to my stomach to go there!)
    Blessings,
    Felecia

    ReplyDelete