Monday, December 2, 2013

25 Days of Christmas Movies - Day Two- How The Grinch Stole Christmas

I am enjoying a Christmas movie a day for 25 days.  I thought it would be fun to share them here.




About the film (from IMDB): 
A grumpy hermit hatches a plan to steal Christmas from the Whos of Whoville. 

My Thoughts:  I am not going to review this one, because I'm thinking you must know about it.  What I do  want to do is share why I love this so much.

First:  
I loved Max so much.  The Grinch's dog Max knew that the Grinch was pretty much a mane ole grouch, but he was loyal to him and loved him anyway.  I was pulled in by the hope in Max's eyes, but I also cried for Max as a child.  I wanted him to be loved and happy.  Seeing the Grinch join all the Whos in Whoville was a delight for me as a child but my biggest delight was seeing Max get the first slice of roast beast.  

Second:
I loved Boris Karloff.  I always had a soft spot for his part as Frankenstein's monster in Frankenstein.  

Third:
Dr. Seuss was the first author I actively sought out as a child.  When my mom was studying to be a realtor, she would take me to the library.  I would spend hours there reading his books.

Fourth:
The message that the important thing about Christmas is not what you get but who you are with.  

No comments:

Post a Comment