Saturday, December 14, 2013

One Sixty Eight Point 5 - Yes...168.5 Moving On Down!!!



Time to check in:

Week one of sticking with my new goals is going great.  I again have not changed my eating habits really but I have been more intentional in what I do.  I have gone to the gym five days this week, and I am happy for that first victory.  Like I said, eating is not really changing yet, because I am trying to just establish this new habit like Chantel Hobbs did.  My weight has gone down though, and for that I am grateful.  It was nice stepping on the scale and not seeing 170.2 lb.  I was a bit nervous.  Actually I was a lot nervous.  

This is what I promised to do last week:

1 - Giving it to God.
I am literally asking God moment by moment for His strength.  I've had weak times.  This has been vital.
2 - Read "Never Say Diet" by Chantel Hobbs (taking notes if necessary)
I am still reading Chantel's book and learning so much.  I am not looking for "peak" moments in my life rather than getting my good feelings from food.  Big peak moment this week was finding that my blog post about Debbie Macomber's book "Starry Night" was linked on her website!  Not a bad peak!  Actually a great one!  Better than I ever imagined!
3 - Go to the gym five days a week.  
I've been hitting the gym just like a job.  Five days a week.  I can't wait for that time when I am not feeling so winded.  :)
4 - Not worry about what I eat for a month, finish Chantel Hobbs' book "Never Say Diet" first.  I will be making a point of drinking more water though.
I am drinking more water and I am also drinking green tea instead of going on coffee all day.  I still drink about two coffees in the morning and I do not really plan on stopping, but once I am in the office I switched to green tea.  I am still working on the book. I am also eating celery with almond butter for a snack before I hit the gym.  It seems to be giving me just the energy I need.  It also makes a great snack at other times of the day.  :)  I never thought I would enjoy that.  
5 - I will also hold onto a new Bible verse a week. 
This week's verse:
1 Corinthians 10:31
No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. 


I have no idea what will be in store for me this week, but I know one thing...I'm not going back to okay.  

No comments:

Post a Comment