Sunday, December 29, 2013

The New Year is Coming - Where I want to see growth



*It is all about perspective





I have been thinking off and on about plans for the upcoming year, and what I am hoping to accomplish.  If I really am honest, there are a lot of things I would like to work on and change.  If I am PAINFULLY honest, I will also admit that there is no way I can accomplish it all.  Why?   Because I will be overwhelmed.  When I get overwhelmed I give up.  I want 2014 to be the year where I do not give up.  I want to continue.  I want to push on.  I want to move forward.  This year I do not want to measure my victory in any one thing completed.  I am okay with it not having an item checked off on my list.  I just want to see growth and change.  I want to look back next year at this time, and see improvement.  Period.

Here is what I would like to see growth:

1 - Time with God
2 - Weight/Fitness
3 - Writing
4 - Finances
5 - Clutter
6 - Fun well spent
7 - Time management 

I'll go into all of this in a more in depth manner in the days ahead.  I just wanted to take a little time to focus.  

How are you approaching the New Year?  Do you do resolutions?  Do you have goals?  Do you just let things happen as they will?

 



2 comments:

  1. Those are all great things I think are achievable! A few may take more time then the others of course and you just have to remind yourself of that.

    Kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is one of the reasons I am writing them in a broad sense. They will all take work but I can do that work in steps. I am very committed though. :) I'm tired of hitting the wall. Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete