Sunday, December 8, 2013

Book Review - The Christmas Promise by Kimberly Rose Johnson




I am absolutely in love with all things Christmas, and I have been throwing myself into as many Christmas books, songs and movies that I possibly can.  A short while ago I won the book "The Christmas Promise" by Kimberly Rose Johnson from author Trish Perry's blog Reading, Writing, and the Stuff in Between.  I was absolutely delighted to read another Christmas book, and I am happy to get the chance to share a review here.  

http://www.amazon.com/The-Christmas-Promise-Heartsong-Presents-ebook/dp/B00D4MWFYA/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top


The Christmas Promise 

By Kimberly Rose Johnson
 

About the book (from Goodreads)
Dr. Pete Harding doesn't date single moms.

No matter how lovely Keira Noble's smile, or how adorable her four-year-old son. He's been down that road before and knows it can lead to a broken heart. But that doesn't mean he can't help the pretty widow find a puppy to put under the Christmas tree for her son….

Pete claims he only wants to help her find the perfect gift for Cody. Yet Keira can't deny the tender feelings in his eyes whenever he looks at her. Could this handsome Scrooge have a change of heart, and create a new family for Christmas?


My review:  
There really is nothing that gets me into the Christmas season more than a Christmas romance in a smallish town setting, and the Christmas Promise certainly delivers on that.  Keira is a widow with a young son, who had lost her husband in a tragic accident on a snowy road.   This loss has caused a seed of fear to sprout in Keira that has kept her from going far beyond her own town.  Life has worked out well, she has a nice business, and she and her son have good friends, but love, there is simply no room in her life's equation for that, until a good friend decides it is really time for Keira to date again.  

Dr. Pete has his own baggage from a failed relationship and like so many of us has vowed to not date anyone who has close similarities to that person.  Basically anyone with a child.  He hasn't really felt a problem with his decision, but when he meets Keira, he begins to second guess himself. 

Filled with sweet characters and a delicious locale, The Christmas Promise, brings the magic of love and the Christmas season to life. 

I enjoyed the story a great deal.  It was sweet and not heavy handed.  I enjoyed the characters a great deal, and the author was so adept at description, I was ready to pack my bags and move to Leavenworth!  It was nice setting down my own life's concerns and picking up where I left off with Keira, Cody and Pete.  If you are looking for a sweet seasonal story with a wonderful cast of characters who are extremely likeable, The Christmas Promise will provide a fine slide into the season.  

As I wrote earlier, I did win this book, but there was no expectation of a review, and it did not impact my opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment